Command Chapter LX (60)
The Richard J. Meadows Memorial Chapter
Special Forces Association
Command Chapter LX is part of the Special Forces Association, a non-profit fraternal veterans organization and the offical alumni organization for U.S. Army Special Forces. Command Chapter LX was formed in accordance with Article IX (Chapters) of the Special Forces Association Constitution on 14 September 1993, and officially activated on 1 January 1994 at the home of the United States Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Florida. On 20 November 1995, the Chapter was officially redesignated as the Command Chapter LX, Richard J. Meadows Memorial Chapter.
The purposes for the formation of Chapter LX and the Special Forces Association are:
- To unite fraternally all persons who are now or have been assigned to the United States Army Special Forces.
- To perpetuate the Special Forces traditions.To commemorate fittingly the memory of Special Forces troops who have given, or shall give, their lives in defense of the free world.
- To educate the members and the citizens of the United States in the proper development of Special Forces, and to keep them abreast of new developments in the Special Forces arena, as is consistent with security regulations.
- To assist in keeping Special Forces units adequate and powerful for the defense of the United States and the free world by supporting the establishment of Special Forces in an appropriate relationship with the rest of the Army.
- To encourage every member of the Association toward a closer personal relationship and a friendly spirit of mutual cooperation.
- To forward and promote the general welfare and prosperity of the members and to improve by all lawful means their status and their conditions.
- To be a source of inspiration and Esprit-de-Corps for all Special Forces units.
De Oppresso Liber!
Copyright © TGBA, Inc. All rights reserved.